Care & Services
Care & Services
What kind of living is offered?
Some of our residents simply seek the ease, safety, and security of assisted living, while others need some extra help with daily activities like bathing, dressing and medication administration. Just like every house in a neighborhood is unique, so is every resident, which is why we take a personal approach to everything we offer, from customized activities, to individual health and wellness programs, to the choices we offer at every meal.
We offer all of our residents the following top-notch services:
- 24-hour personal care
- Managed medication assistance
- Chef-prepared, nutritionally balanced meals
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including:
- Onsite religious services
- Complimentary housekeeping and laundry
We are proud to offer one of the finest specially staffed Alzheimer's and dementia care programs in the region. Ashton Manor was the first assisted living and memory care community in Louisiana to be awarded with the Dementia Care Specialists' Distinguished Provider Award, a national award that recognizes select memory care communities that demonstrate excellence in resident care, specifically in cultivating an environment and team that allows their residents to enjoy the absolute greatest level of function, safety, and quality of life possible. We have a neighborhood that is reserved exclusively for our memory care residents. There, we can ensure that they receive the specialized attention and care that they need in addition to the unsurpassed amenities and programming offered to all of our residents.
Our entire staff is specially trained in the care of those with Alzheimer's and dementia, and our individualized programs are custom-designed to enrich each resident's life and enable them to function at their own highest possible level. Each resident's care at Ashton Manor begins with a comprehensive initial assessment, which assists in building a complete picture of his or her unique background and needs. The outcome of this detailed assessment ensures that your loved one will receive the proper level of personalized, compassionate care that he/she deserves.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia brings about unique and difficult challenges. At Ashton Manor, we’re here to help. The cornerstone of our program is our ability to provide unsurpassed person-centered care that helps our residents thrive and maintain the highest quality of life, purpose, and health at every stage. We take time getting to fully know each resident in order to provide the very best personalized care. We are 100% focused on establishing relationships with residents that are based on trust. Our programs are designed to fill each day with happy moments and enriching activities to nurture the overall wellbeing of each resident.
- Full-time Director of Health & Wellness
- Full-time Activities Director and a robust Activities Program
- Around-the-clock nurses
- Extensive dementia care training for all staff
- Individualized wellness and fitness programs
Trinity Rehabilitation provides outstanding services to our residents that help improve their quality of life. Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology are provided by Trinity Rehabilitation on-site within our community, allowing our residents easy access to these important services.
Living in a community designed for safety and comfort provides peace of mind for both our residents and their loved ones. Our entire community is senior-friendly, and every suite at Ashton Manor is equipped with an emergency pull cord that alerts the nurse on duty that immediate assistance is needed.
We also offer residents a life alert pendant that can be worn for safety. The moment a cord is pulled or a pendant is pressed, help is on its way.
We strongly encourage our residents and their families to talk with our staff if they have any questions or concerns.
R & R Restorative and Relaxation Therapy
Through our Restorative and Relaxation Therapy program (R & R) – We create a very individualized support plan for each of our cherished residents. Simple, basic, and thoughtful approaches to the physical and emotional challenges of our residents and their families.
Why is this program important to our residents?
- Improves self-awareness and supports independence
- Increases and sustained mobility and strength
- Encourages participation in activities of daily living and socialization.
- Assists in creating new memories and fortifying their legacy
- Promotes a sense of pride and dignity while in a supportive environment
How will it support you and your family?
- Offering families peace of mind knowing that your loved one is safe and loved.
- Offering 100% quality when visiting or taking loved ones on outings
- By offering you lost time with your spouse, children, grandchildren, friends and career.
- Advocacy and educational support as your family takes this journey together
Insures delivery of exceptional service by our Care Partners through…
- New resident and family briefing which involves in depth understanding of the new resident’s personal history, who they are, where they are from and what’s most important to them and their family.
- Encourage, support and where possible strengthen your loved ones physical and individual opportunities.
- Being consistently aware of the changes in an individual’s personal day to day journey allows us to keep you continually involved with your loved ones care.